Product Overviews |
Archive Reviews |
Comparison Tables |
Metals Guide |
Frank's Picks |
News & Gossip
Cranks and Chainrings
Frames & Framesets
Freewheels and Cassettes
Hubs and Skewers
Metal Guide - Bicycle Metallurgy
Pedals and Toe Clips
Pumps and Inflation Systems
Rims & Rimstrips
Seatposts and Binder Bolts
SRP Replacement Titanium &
Aluminum parts - Master Index
Spokes (Tables Only)
Tools - Bicycle Repair Tools
Yakima Fit List -to fit all cars
Yakima Fit List - Fit Notes
1) Crossbar spreads refer to 2 door and 4 door models respectively.
2) Crossbar spreads refer to coupe and hatchback models, respectively.
3) Crossbar spreads refer to sedan and wagon models, respectively.
4) Crossbar spreads refer to 2 door, 4 door, and wagon models, respectively.
5) Crossbar spreads refer to hatchback and sedan models, respectively.
6) Crossbar spread listed refers to vehicles without factory luggage carrier. Vehicles with a factory luggage carrier will have a maximum crossbar spread of 28 inches.
7) Use a High Rise Kit to gain required crossbar clearance.
8) For additional crossbar clearance, or to clear factory luggage carrier, use 1A High Rise Towers.
9) Clips can be installed over rear side windows on 2 door models.
10) The clips listed can be installed over doors and/or rear side windows. If possible, install clips with rear windows open.
11) Install 1st pair of clips listed over doors only.
12) Install 2nd pair of clips listed toward rear of vehicle door frames
13) Towers will be insallted over door frames only.
14) Install 2nd pair of clips listed on rear-side window frames. Install clips with rear window open
15) Install clips listed over vehicle's front doors only.
16) Do not install clips in the door frame.
17) CAUTION!!! Power antenna extends automatically. Install rack with antenna extended. Crossbar spread will be less.
18) Have fun on your bike!
19) Caution! Keep towers as vertical as possible to avoid contact between roof and back side of drip rail clip.
20) Drip rails are not structural. Maxium allowable load is skis only!
21) Do not use non-structural drip rail on rear of Bronco II.
22) Rear drip rails are not structural. Maxium allowable load is skis only
23) Body putty in raingutter may deform when any gutter style rack is installed.
24) Please observe the following tips: Install over doors with tower feet between plastic trim fasteners. Use the clip spacers but do not use the rubber boots.
25) Use Yakima clip spacers on the rear towers only.
26) Use Yakima clip spacers on the front towers only.
27) Use Yakima clip spacers.
28) Do not use rubber boots.
29) You must use rubber boots.
30) Maxium load is skis or two bikes only.
31) Maxium allowable weight is 100 lbs.
32) Drink an ice cold beer.
33) Carry only two bikes. Shorter crossbar spreads concentrate the weight on the rear crossbar when carrying bikes. Position bikes away from each other to balance the weight and avoid roof damage.
34) Carry BacketCase or 2 bicycles with the SRL bike mounts. CAUTION: May interfere with rear window when trunk is opened. Rear deck carrierrs may not allow porper crossbar spread.
35) Brackets will bolt into factory mounting points located behind covers in black trim.
36) Yakima racks are not recommended for convertible tops, T-tops of any type of removable roof panels.
37) Do not install racks on vinyl-covered roofs. Crossbar spread figures refer to models with out vinyl. For partial vinyl roofs, crossbar spread will be less.
38) Due to removable roof panels, and the alignment of the Sun and Venus, maxium allowable load is skis only.
39) Ask your Yakima dealer for any current updates to this Fit List.
40) The factory luggage carrier may interfere with the Yakima Rack.
41) The factory luggage carrier does not interfere with the Yakima Rack.
42) The factory luggage carrier will interfere with theYakima rack.
43) Place front tower as far forward as possible
44) Front tower placement is 4 - 6 inches back from top edge of windshield.
45) Front tower placement is 8 - 9 inches back from the top edge of the windshield.
46) Rear tower placement is 3 - 4 inches forward of the rear door frame.
47) Rear tower placement is 5-6 inches forward of the rear of door frame.
48) Rear tower placement is forward of doorstop on internal rubber door seal.
49) Rear towers are placed forward of integrated hinge in the roof.
50) Rear tower may rest on side window.trim depending on placement of rear crossbar, and the relationship between Mars and Jupiter.
51) Rear tower will overhang the hatchback, this will not interfere with opening the hatchback.
52) Install the rear towers and clips on the sheet metal on top of the hatchback. The rear towrs will overhang the class section by one inch. This will prevent the opening of the hatch when the rack is loaded unless you are Superman.
53) This option requires removing equipment and bike mount wheel tray before opening hatch.
54) When open, sunroof will interfere with accessories placed between crossbars.
55) On this vehicle, towers may rest on the edge of the sunroof. This will prevent the opening of sunroof when rack is installed.
56) Caution! Over-tightening and/or overloading of the Stretch Kit can cause roof deformation.
57) The Mazda RX-7 roof is delicate! Maxium allowable load is skis or 2 bicycle (35 ponds each or less) with SRL Bike mounts.
58) Do not install clips on the internal raingutter! Clips will install above gutter at the juction of door and frame. Use vinyl pads to minimize paint abrasion.
59) Place the black spacer between the tower and base pad on the rear towers only.
60) Don't forget to take your bike off your roof before you drive into the garage!
61) The rubber door seals and/or trim may deform or be dameged under prolonged contact with any roof rack tower and/or clips. Remove rack when not in use.
62) When placing the clips on the internal door seal, pull down the top of the seal so the clip will fit closer to the door frame.
63) For a secure fit pull down door frame seals enough to insert the clip against underside of raingutter, trim, and/or roof.
64) Use of any rack may allow water to seep into vehicle
65) Due to door frame design, fine tuning of the rack is crucial to avoid water seepage. Place towers near the outer edge of the door frame to keep the clips vertical. Kepp crossbars parallel. Changing tower position in the door frame may help.
66) Due to manufacturing variations in door design, fine tuning of the rack is crucial to avoid door/clip contact. Place towers near the outer edge of the door frame to keep clips vertical. Keep crossbars parallel. Changing tower position in the door frame may help
67) Caution! To prevent foor damage, keep towers outboard, clips vertical, for slight suspension of tower over roof. This transfers weight through the clips to the internal reaingutters. Pads should be in visable contact with the roof. If not, move inboard.
68) The clip fits tightly between the window and the door frame. Close your doors carefully to prevent window contact.
69) CAUTION!!! Check clips after installing. Grab each clip and try to pull them hard away from your vehicle. If the clip moves, loosen and adjust the tower slightly outboard until no movement occurs.
70) Due to inernal raingutter angle changes, the door will contact the clip if placed too far back in the rear door frame.
71) Use a #25 Tamper proof Torx¨ wrench to remove the steel brackets behind the door-frame seal, if necessary.
72) Place tower tower directly on top of raised black roof trim.
73) The internal plastic molding is fastened to the door frame with screws. Front tower placement is over screw fasteners 6 - 8 inches back from top edge of windshield. Maxium allowable load is skis or 2 bikes only.
74) To use "Y 15" clip, place tower flush with raingutter's edge. Tower will straddle raingutter with it's inner edge contacting roof. A bridge will be formed beneath the pad. Use vinyl pads to minimize paint abrasion.
75) Remove the internal rubber door seals to locate nothced-out sections of internal raingutter. Replace door seals and place the clips so they will span the notched areas in order to provide even clamping pressure.
76) Placement of the clips for this vehicle requires pulling the interior weather seal away from the door frame. Place clips over the exposed steel ledge. Replace weather seal by pushing over clips and ledge.
77) Do not install clips listed into the door frame. Remove the plastic plugs in the trim/molding above the doors and rear side windows. Insert the clips into the slots provided in the trim/molding.
78) Press firmly against the lower portion of the clip while tightening the rack. This will properly locate the clip over the internal raingutter.
79) The rear clips are placed above side windows into the rubber trim between the triangles moleded on the trim.
80) Due to roof panel design of this vehicle, only 1/3 of base pad will contact the roof. This is satidfactory for the recommended load limits.
81) O.K. ready??? With correct crossbar spreads you can install Yakima's bike mounts, ski mounts, BasketCase, luggage boxes, kayak and canoe accessories on RailRiders. Any load extending over the windshield must be secured to both the front and rear bumpers in adition to the rack. The total weight must not exceed the manufaturer's weight limit of that vehicle's factory rack.
82) Installation of the rack will prohibit the antenna from extending, the sunroof opening, and Clinton being re-elected.
83) Pull back the internal weather seal in the door frame to expose factory mounting points. Place clips over the exposed posts in the door frame on the BMW 3 series Sedan.
84) Postion clips only over metal rivets. Do not place clips over plastic rivets.
85) Using pliers, remove and discard the palstic rivets from each side of the rear door frame. Install the screw through the weather seal and into the rivet hole. Position clips over the metal rivets and screws.
86) To install Stretch Kit remove the front crossbar of the Explorer's factory rack, or front and rear crossbars from the Navajo.
87) Install clips listed over rear window only.
88) Be sure to completely close the cam lever on the inside tower to prevent contacting the sunfoor when open. The stretch kit will prevent the sunroof from opening safely.
89) Front tower placement is 6 - 8 inches back from top edge of windshield.
90) With correct crossbar spreads, you can install Yakima's bike mounts, ski mounts, and BasketCase on Rail Riders. Due to the type of fasteners of roof configuration, RailRiders are no recommened for carrying boats, surf and sailboats, or Yakima Luggage Boxes on this vehicle. The total weight of the racks and loads must not exceed the manufaturer's weight limit of that vehicle's factory rack.
91) To minimize oilcanning the roof, place the brackets as far outboard as possible.
92) The stretch Kit must be used with this option.
93) Install clips no more than 28 inshes back from the front tower. Mounting clips any further back may cause door contact.
94) The front tower must be placed 6" back from the top edge of the windshield. Be sure to slide the Stretch Kit housing with clips as far forward in the door frame as possible. Rear tower will be placed 28" back from the front tower. Disredard noes A7 and B11 in the Stretch Kit instructions.
95) Maxiumum load is bikes, skis, and/or a BasketCase.
96) Install towers between the triangles molded on the trim.
97) Front tower placement is 2-4 inches back from top edge of windshield.
98) Insert the clips into the factory pockets above the plastic trim. The first pocket is 11" back from the windshield. Be sure the entire blade of the clip is inserted into the pocket.
99) The roof is a double wall construction. Possible braces and other obstructions are not visable. Carfully drill through the outer wall of the roof only. Clearance between the walls is enough to install the PlusNuts¨. Install brackets outboard on the roof.
100) This option requires drilling through the glued fabric headliner in the hardtop. Good luck!
101) The factory luggage carrier crossbar must be removed to allow for clearance for the tower and handwheel. Do not remove the "track" portion of the luggage carrier.
102) Do not install brackets on the removable panel over the doors. Only install the brackets over the rear portion of the hardtop.
103) Because of possible location of unknown roof braces and other obstructions under the roof, we do not recommend using Top Loaders with Plusnuts¨ on this vehicle.
104) Use "Y 15" clips with the 1C SST towers.
105) A factory installed luggage carrier will be mounted in the optimal bracket location. The luggage carrier should be permanently removed as well as the mounting hardware. Install the PulsNuts¨ in the holes left from the original hardware.
106) A factory installed luggage carrier will prohibit the installation of Top Loader Brackets.
107) Be sure to read all instructions, cautioons and limitations included with Yakima Brackets. Yakima brackets require customer installation. Tools, and some degree of craftsmanship may be required. Most body shops are qulified to do the installation.
108) Mount Side Loader Brackets between the two rearmost windows and at the same height as the driprail over the cab.
109) Brackets are a permanent installation. Be sure to look at the Crossbar Spread Table to determine the correct crossbar spread needed to carry your loads.
110) Due to mid-year chandes these vehicles may have two different shapes of factory racks. Check your crossbar shape to determine whcih Mighty Mount you need.
111) Place the black spacer between the tower and base pad.
112) The sunroof should not be opened while the rack is installed. Insted, roll down your window. Remove rack when not in use.
113) The roof is very soft. Do not overtighten or overload the rack.
114) CAUTION!!! Check clips after installing. Grab each clip and try to pull them hard away from you vehicle. If the clip moves tighten the adjustment post. If the clip still moves, recheck your measurments between the towers and adjust if necessary. Check clip again.
115) Install rear clips with rear windows open.
116) Due to manufacturing variations in door design, fine tuning of the rack is crucial to avoid door/clip contact.
117) The clips for this vehicle were not available at the time of printing, but they will be soon. Call for availability and the 4M's.
118) MightyMounts are required to install this product onto the factory rack. Chose the correct MightyMount based on the year of your vehicle.
119) Pull down the soft rubber seal and place the clip over the metal trim.
120) Skis may sit close enough to the roof to cause contact. If necessary, place skis in mount with bindings up. The capacity will be halved.