Re: 1995-96 Answer Manitou Mach 5 SX Mountain Bike Suspension Forks 1995-96 Answer Manitou Mach 5 Pro Mountain Bike Suspension Forks 1995-96 Answer Manitou Mach 5 Comp Mountain Bike Suspension Forks
Answer Products has found that a small percentage of the 1995-96 season Manitou Mach 5 fork die cast leg assemblies may fail under certian circumstances. Although the percentage of forks that have castings which could fail under some circumctances is very small, the casting failure causes the front wheel to separate from the bicycle. This situation would result in loss of control of the bicycle. Therefore, we are requesting all of the subject forks be inspected.
If you own a 1995/96 Manitou Mach 5 model suspension fork you should:
1. STOP USING THE MANITOU MACH 5 FORK IMMEDIATELY UNTIL THE SERIAL NUMBER CAN BE INSPECTED and the appropriate action indicated below is taken.
2. All Mach 5 forks with Serial Numbers LESS than Ser. # 5100086500 need to have the outer leg castings replaced before riding. The casting replacement will be done at no charge.
3. Forks that have Serial Numbers that are GREATER the Ser.# 5100086500 yet LESS than Ser.# 5100149464 need to be returned to be inspected here at Answer Products and reworked if necessary. This work willbe done at no charge.
4. All Mach 5 forks wth a serial number LESS than # 5100149464, BUT have a Red pain dot on the inside of the drop out, have already been inspected and are not subject to this notice.
5. All Mach 5 forks witha Serial No. greater than #5100149464 do not need further inspection and are not subject to this notice.
6. See your local Manitou Retailer or call Answer Products at (805) 257-4411 to get a RA (Return Authorization) for a product that requires inspection or rework. RA numbers and shipping instructions will be issued immediately via phone by a Customer Service representative. The casting replacement will be done at no charge.
7. You may have your Retailer perform the inspection/rework or you may send the forks involved to
Answer Products, Inc.
28209 Avenue Stanford
Valencia, California 91355
Write "M-5 REWORK" on the package for quick identification and turn around. For forks on an assembled bicycle, it is recommended that the crown steerer reamin on the bicycle and just the stanchion/leg assembly is returned for inspection or rework. All work and parts required will replaced at No Charge to the customer.